There comes a point in your small business where merchandising needs to be elevated along with the growth of your business. Founder of Maven Concrete Decor Rachel came to us for just that reason. She started making beautiful concrete home decor and jewelry during quarantine and her business grew from there. As she became more established, Rachel found that her products just weren't being displayed to show their fullest potential. See the full booth transformation here.
Before: Pain Points
Rachel has learned a lot in her past couple of years at markets. She knows the importance of serving the community's needs when displaying products at markets. In looking at her old booth, Rachel had several pain points.
- Product is cluttered on the tables.
- Products are not visually displayed to show value.
- Earring display fails to do what it needs to do for merchandising a full variety of earrings.
Some of the main things Vertical Ledge pointed out in analyzing Rachel's booth are:
- The tables are too heavy and make the bigger 10x10 booth look crowded.
- There is no visual flow of product.
- Lack of versatility in the displays- no lifestyle merchandising to show product value.
After: The Transformation
Luckily, Vertical Ledge displays were able to fulfill every single one of Rachel's merchandising needs. We used several displays to transform her booth.
- The Aframe worked perfectly for displaying pottery clearly.
- The DCXL works to display smaller items while showing a full variety of accessories using pegs and acrylic boxes.
- The RCH was a perfect display for an earring try-on station.
- The Cart is versatile as a product display as well as a check-out station.
- This booth flip created a light and airy space that is inviting for customers to walk through.
- Rachel pointed out that it now feels more like a retail space rather than a craft bar.
- The displays created a clear representation of what the products can do.
We were able to take a previously crowded space without versatility and turn it into a beautiful pop-up retail space for customer's to easily access and shop through.