What is MADE TO ORDER?
Made-to-order is a production process where a product is not made until an order is placed
- Flexibility in product options: With "made-to-order," you can select the features that matter most to you, such as size, color, and other unique specifications.
- Faster turnaround times: Unlike custom orders, our "made-to-order" option typically takes only 2-3 weeks from the date of purchase for production and shipment.
- Sense of ownership: When you order a stand that is customized to your specific requirements, you are investing in a product that is uniquely yours.
- Unique, high-quality product: "Made-to-order" is an excellent option for those looking to invest in a stand that is tailored to their specific needs and preferences.
- Support for sustainability: By choosing "made-to-order" from Vertical Ledge, you'll be supporting a business that cares about sustainability.
"Why pre-order?" you might ask.
Well, the team at Vertical Ledge wanted to make sure that they could provide their customers with the products they wanted, while also minimizing waste and reducing their environmental impact. By offering pre-orders, they could get a better idea of the demand for each product and ensure that they only produced what was needed, reducing excess inventory and waste.
10 Questions A Brand Should Ask: The Difference Between Made-to-Order and Ready-To-Ship
- How specific are my needs and preferences for the product?
- Am I willing to wait for a customized product to be made, or do I need the product immediately?
- Can I find a product in the standard product line that meets my needs, or do I need something more niche?
- Am I willing to pay extra for a customized product?
- Do I want the ability to choose specific features, such as color or size, for the product?
- How important is it for me to have a product that is unique and customized to my needs?
- Can I wait a few weeks for the product to be made if it means getting a product that perfectly meets my needs?
- How important is the product's aesthetic to me?
- Am I comfortable with the possibility of making changes to the product design during the customization process?
- Do I have a clear idea of what I want in a product, or am I willing to browse standard options to find something suitable?
A pre-order is a design that is ready for production and available for purchase, but has not yet been completed or shipped to the customer. When a customer places a pre-order, they are essentially reserving their spot in line to receive the item once it is ready for shipment. For Vertical Ledge, pre-orders typically have a turnaround time of 21-28 days, meaning that the customer can expect to receive the item within this timeframe.
On the other hand, a custom stand is a unique design that is created specifically for a particular brand or customer. This involves a co-creation process between the customer and Vertical Ledge, where the customer's specific requirements, preferences, and objectives are taken into account. The lead time for a custom stand can be longer than a pre-order, often taking up to 3 months to complete. Additionally, custom stands from Vertical Ledge typically have an MOQ (minimum order quantity) of $2500, meaning that the brand must be willing to invest a certain amount to make the project feasible.
It is important for the customer to carefully consider their specifications before placing an order, as customization options may be limited once production has begun.
There are several benefits for a brand to make a custom display unit, including:
Unique Brand Identity: A custom display unit can be designed to reflect the brand's unique identity and values, helping to create a memorable and distinctive image in the minds of customers.
Improved Customer Experience: A custom display unit can be designed to showcase the brand's products in the best possible way, making it easier for customers to browse and find what they are looking for.
Increased Sales: A well-designed custom display unit can help to attract more customers and increase sales by highlighting the brand's products and creating a visually appealing shopping experience.
Better Use of Space: A custom display unit can be designed to fit a specific space, maximizing the use of available space in a store or at an event.
Long-term Investment: A custom display unit can be a long-term investment for a brand, as it can be used over and over again, providing value for years to come.
Overall, a custom display unit can be a powerful tool for a brand to stand out in a crowded market, create a unique and memorable brand identity, and ultimately drive sales and growth.
One of the key benefits of a custom display unit is that it can be a long-term investment for a brand. Unlike temporary displays or standard off-the-shelf units, a custom display unit is specifically designed and built to meet the brand's unique needs and requirements.
Because a custom display unit is designed with a brand's specific products, audience, and aesthetic in mind, it is likely to be more effective in promoting the brand's products and generating sales. A well-designed custom display unit can continue to generate value for a brand over time, potentially even becoming an iconic part of the brand's identity.
Additionally, because a custom display unit is typically built with high-quality materials and construction methods, it is likely to be more durable and longer-lasting than a standard off-the-shelf unit. This means that a brand can continue to use the custom display unit for years to come, providing value and cost-effectiveness in the long run.
Overall, a custom display unit can be a smart long-term investment for a brand, helping to build a strong brand identity, drive sales, and provide ongoing value and cost-effectiveness.
Here are 10 things a brand should consider before reaching out for a custom stand:
Purpose: Define the purpose and objective of the custom stand, including what products or services it will be showcasing, and what specific goals it needs to achieve.
Budget: Determine a realistic budget for the custom stand, factoring in design, construction, and transportation costs.
Timeline: Consider the timeline and lead time required for the custom stand, including any trade shows or events the stand will be used for.
Design Requirements: Define any specific design requirements or constraints for the custom stand, such as size, shape, and materials.
Target Audience: Understand the target audience and their preferences to ensure that the custom stand will be engaging and effective.
Brand Identity: Ensure that the design of the custom stand is consistent with the brand's identity and values.
Logistics: Consider the logistics of transporting, setting up, and dismantling the custom stand, and whether any additional support or services are required.
Sustainability: Evaluate the sustainability of the custom stand, including its environmental impact and the ability to reuse or repurpose the stand in the future.
Vendor Selection: Choose a reputable and experienced vendor to design and construct the custom stand, based on factors such as quality, price, and customer service.
ROI: Finally, consider the potential return on investment (ROI) of the custom stand, and whether it aligns with the brand's overall marketing and business objectives.
You can reach out HERE to inquire about a custom stand.